This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#WholeBlends #CollectiveBias
With summer (and my wedding) right around the corner, I’m loving easy and heat-free hairstyles that nourish your hair and keep it healthy! I am admitting, I’m way overdue for a hair cut, so I’m trying really hard to avoid further damage with curling and straightening irons.
That being said, my hair is naturally very rebellious, with tons of body (not all of it good) and very dry. So heat-free hairstyles have to really keep my locks on lock… if you know what I’m saying. Braids are my best friend in the battle against the frizz. I wore this hairstyle for the first day of Vancouver Fashion Week (see the Instagram here) because I was really rushed, but all of you ended up loving it!
Today I’m sharing with all of you exactly how to do it yourselves. It is perfect for a beach or casual day and your hair will love you for it.
1. Wash your hair with a nourishing shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. My favorite is the Garnier Whole Blends Nourishing hair line. It’s very affordable and my hair has never felt silkier or healthier, this long after a trim. Plus, the smell reminds me of Maui or some amazing tropical place, without being too overwhelming.
2. Comb out your damp hair very throughly in order to braid more easily! By braiding your hair wet, it helps avoid frizz and give it a sleek look once it dries.
3. Part your hair (preferably with a far side part). Use the comb to smooth all hair.
4. Apply your favorite shine serum or styling product to further hold the braid.
6. Start the braid by the part, using little sections of hair at first (because it creates a more prominent braid). Keep braiding while adding chunks in (aka: a french braid), keeping the braid closer to your braid.
7. Once you have finished, pin any loose sections of hair (most likely on the opposite side of braid).
8. Gently pull apart on braid (the end part that isn’t connected to your scalp). This gives the illusion of thicker and healthier hair and creates a more statement looking braid.9. Finish off with a light weight hairspray for all day lasting power.
Check out the entire Whole Blends line here – there are 6 different formulas to choose from!
As always, thank you for reading.