10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
We have now spent a few days in Key West and we are loving every second of it. It encapsulates all of the beauty of tropical appeal of a Caribbean destination, but with the ease convenience of the U.S.
Today, I thought I would do something a bit different: I’m going to share ten things you probably don’t know about me.
1. I own a 1941 Chevy Fleetline and store it back in the Midwest. Zach is in the middle of restoring it, but it looks like Allie’s car from The Notebook and I’m a touch obsessed with it.
2. I’m not a runner (like at all, it does not come easy to me) but I run 2 miles every day at sunset. It is more mental than physical for me and I use that time to think and visualize.
3. I’m an extremist by nature. All or nothing, everyday, that is just how I’ve always been. I have a relentless spirit that makes me go all in on everything I do, I think that is why entrepreneurship fits me so well.
4. Speaking of entrepreneurship: I have 3 employees and an office back in the Midwest. We have a system so I can work from anywhere. I manage everything via GoogleDocs, GoogleSheets and Skype.
5. I wanted to be a gemologist growing up. Most people wanted to be a vet or a dancer or something along those lines – not me. From the age of 5, I had my mind fixated on gems. So it is not a surprise that I started my ring company, Everly, that features all simulated diamonds.
6. I am happiest being a nomad. That’s right. Living in the Glam-V full-time and constantly traveling feels more like home to me than Downtown Seattle ever did. When we stay in a place for more than a few weeks, I get really anxious and I just want to go to the next destination. It’s not for everyone, but we’ve never been happier. See our first Glam-V reveal here, but we have upgraded to another RV since then – we will be doing the reveal soon.
7. Unless I’m in the ocean, I only wash my hair once or twice a week. My hair is so thick and long that I don’t need to. It’s one of the reasons I was able to grow out my hair so long and keep it (reasonably) healthy for all of the heat damage I put it through.
8. On that note, my hair is always a bit messy because we ride our motorcycle everywhere.
9. Both my husband and I are huge animal lovers, so it is natural that we have our two fur babies traveling full-time with us. Nova is a red merle, Mini Australian Shepherd puppy (4 months) and Sterling is a fully domesticated Marble Fox (just over a year old).
10. I was raised by two entrepreneurs. I thrive when I am under pressure and being my own boss certainly works for me. I took the biggest risk of my life in October 2015, when I walked away from my “dream job” in the buying office at Nordstrom headquarters after just four months. I have never looked back and it certainly paid off.
Shop the Post
Dynamite Blouse (sold out, similar for $35 here) c/o // Make Me Chic Shorts (only $18!) c/o // Quay Sunglasses // Rebecca Minkoff Bag (pre-owned here for $75!) // Arturo Chiang Sandals (old, similar here for $39) // Everly Ring Stack (wearing The Brynn, Haven, Verona and Anaca Bands) – MAJOR SALE happening – get 4 for $150 (typically $99 each) // Lips: ‘Honey Sheen’ Plumping Gloss by Pixi
As always, thank you for reading.
Rebecca Minkoff Bag (found pre-owned here for just $75!)
$39 White Studded Sandals (similar)