1. Pretty Pink Gloss: ‘Ample Pink’ Plushglass by MAC is always my go-to for a fuss-free and feminine face.
2. Signature Neutral Nail Polish: ‘Blanc’ by Essie is my personal favorite for summer, but ‘Good as Gold’ by Essie quickly becomes my number one as soon as the temperatures start to dip. Continue reading
The more I work at my office, the more comfortable I feel incorporating casual pieces into the mix. Every work environment is different, ranging from pant suits and stilettos to cut-off shorts. The dress in my department tends to sway to the more relaxed end of that spectrum. But even when denim shorts are A-OK for my day job, I do not feel comfortable representing myself professionally in those types of pieces. No matter what, I still try to keep skin coverage to a minimum and incorporate a certain level of polish.
That being said, I technically am wearing olive skinny jeans and sandals. But it’s all about the execution. A heel never fails to add a dose of dar I say, effort, into any look. But in my opinion, it’s truly the accessories that bring work looks to life. Continue reading
When I find myself at a complete and utter loss of what to wear, my default is always neutrals. Maybe it’s the fact that as I get older and my style evolves – I’m naturally just guided toward a muted palate.
But neutrals don’t have to be snooze-worthy. Layering different hues in unexpected combinations and minimalistic silhouettes can take you straight to Euro chic. Playing with elements such as tortoise, mixed metal and lipstick are examples of the little details that can propel your ensemble in a fashion-forward direction. Continue reading
There is nothing in this world that screams simple sophistication to me more than a shift dress. Easy, shift shapes are the one-stop shop to chic – both on and off the clock – as far as I’m concerned.
Flats and a statement belt are a natural and quite frankly practical, pairings to the timeless body. Therefore, I have found this to be my summer uniform. Continue reading
Where I think that women run into problems with a professional – personal style balance, is when they segment them. Two completely different categories, looks, feels and eventually, problems. I believe in a 20/60/20 percent break up between purely casual, crossover and purely professional.
The perfect example is this Swell knit skirt. Feels like a sweatshirt but translates as secretary chic. Continue reading
1. Vince Camuto Jacket via Nordstrom Rack (same style): $79.20 (unspecified employee discount and free shipping)
2. Vince Camuto Feather Skirt via Nordstrom Rack (identical): $71.20 (unspecified employee discount and free shipping)
3. Bauble Bar Pave Link Bracelet via Nordstrom Rack: $38.23 (extra 25% off, free shipping and unspecified employee discount)
4. Karl Lagerfeld Watch via Piperlime: $27.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off, used $40 rewards, free shipping)
5. Tinley Road Vegan Leather Shift Dress via Piperlime: $22.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
6. Tinley Road Cutout Shift Dress via Piperlime: $33.73 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
7. Sabine Grecian Knit Dress via Piperlime: $22.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
8. Sabine Graphic Tee via Piperlime (sold out, similar): $14.98 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
9. Sam Edelman ‘Brayden’ Flats via Piperlime: $29.97 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping) Continue reading