There is nothing in this world that screams simple sophistication to me more than a shift dress. Easy, shift shapes are the one-stop shop to chic – both on and off the clock – as far as I’m concerned.
Flats and a statement belt are a natural and quite frankly practical, pairings to the timeless body. Therefore, I have found this to be my summer uniform. Continue reading
Where I think that women run into problems with a professional – personal style balance, is when they segment them. Two completely different categories, looks, feels and eventually, problems. I believe in a 20/60/20 percent break up between purely casual, crossover and purely professional.
The perfect example is this Swell knit skirt. Feels like a sweatshirt but translates as secretary chic. Continue reading
1. Vince Camuto Jacket via Nordstrom Rack (same style): $79.20 (unspecified employee discount and free shipping)
2. Vince Camuto Feather Skirt via Nordstrom Rack (identical): $71.20 (unspecified employee discount and free shipping)
3. Bauble Bar Pave Link Bracelet via Nordstrom Rack: $38.23 (extra 25% off, free shipping and unspecified employee discount)
4. Karl Lagerfeld Watch via Piperlime: $27.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off, used $40 rewards, free shipping)
5. Tinley Road Vegan Leather Shift Dress via Piperlime: $22.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
6. Tinley Road Cutout Shift Dress via Piperlime: $33.73 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
7. Sabine Grecian Knit Dress via Piperlime: $22.48 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
8. Sabine Graphic Tee via Piperlime (sold out, similar): $14.98 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping)
9. Sam Edelman ‘Brayden’ Flats via Piperlime: $29.97 (on clearance, extra 25% off and free shipping) Continue reading
Who said casual Friday has to be executed in jean form? For me, I like taking on denim to end the work week, but in a more unexpected way. A denim jacket has that laid back feel, especially when paired with a graphic tee (like I have done). Polish comes into fruition in the details – so don’t skimp on a great bag, lipstick and heels.
As with all of fashion, your 9-to-5 style should be in balance. Have a casual T-shirt? Try dressing it up with your go-to pencil skirt. Or, take your favorite blouse and put it with soft printed pants (like in today’s outfit). A juxtaposition is what keeps your look fresh and unexpected, and to me, that is the exact definition of personal style. Continue reading
I feel like a broken record sometimes style-wise in regards to my office attire. I seem to default to the same few elements do ‘de-snore’ my outfits. Leopard, lipstick and metallics are the three elements that I’m practically devoted to – both on and off the clock.
Look around your office and I will guarantee that the one’s with the most enviable style just so happen to use the little details to get a style raise.
Forget the fanny packs and say hello to chic, tourist-friendly fashion. Just because you are exploring a new city doesn’t mean you have to standout as a newbie. An easy shift dress and flats looks great with an expected layer: a collared tank blouse.
This look manages to combine so many elements to create a playful, yet polished outfit. This is where I tell you to be creative in layering within your own closet. Try things on, play dress up and you will be amazed with how your closet (and style) will expand.